Mobile Deposit FAQ
Want to learn more about Presidio Bank's Mobile Deposit App? These frequently asked questions with answers can get you started with your first deposit.
What is mobile deposit?
PRESIDIO BANK's mobile deposit is a way to electronically deposit checks from your iPhone® or Android® smartphone using the Presidio Bank Mobile Banking app.
am I eligible to use mobile deposit?
To use mobile deposit, you must be a current PRESIDIO BANK eBanking customer with a checking or savings account. You must also be enrolled in Mobile Banking and have downloaded the free Presidio Bank Mobile Banking app. Before depositing your first check, you must read and accept the Remote Deposit Capture Services disclosure and agreement.
does it cost to deposit a check with my phone?
Mobile check deposit service is free to PRESIDIO BANK customers*. Just download the Presidio Bank Mobile Banking app for either your iPhone® or Android® smartphone to begin.
*PRESIDIO BANK does not charge you a fee for using this service. However, charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Regular account charges apply. The Mobile Check Deposit service is subject to eligibility. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. Access to Presidio Bank's Mobile Banking apps and Mobile Deposit require a valid Presidio Bank eBanking username and password.
Is mobile deposit safe?
Check deposits made through the Presidio Bank mobile banking app are protected according to the highest financial industry standards. Security features include: password protection, internet firewalls, and 128-bit encryption. Making a deposit with your phone is as safe as using Mobile Banking.
How do I make my first mobile deposit?
Making your first mobile check deposit is fast and easy:
- Make sure you have downloaded the Presidio Bank Mobile Banking app for either your iPhone® or Android® smartphone
- Sign in on the Presidio Bank Mobile Banking app using your Mobile Banking user ID and password
- Choose "Deposit Checks" on the home screen
- As part of enrollment in the service you'll be asked to read and accept the Remote Deposit Capture Services disclosure and agreement (It may take up to 24 hours to receive approval)
- Select the checking or savings account into which you want to deposit the check
- Enter the amount of your check
- Endorse the back of your check with "For Mobile Deposit Only"
- Snap pictures of the front and back of your check
- Submit the check for deposit
- You will receive onscreen confirmation that your check has been sent to Presidio Bank for processing.. You also have the option of receiving an email confirmation acknowledging your deposit has been sent.
- Once the check is accepted for deposit, you receive an email confirmation.
What is the cut off time for same day credit?
The cut off time for same day credit is 4:00PM Pacific Standard Time.
Is there a deposit limit?
The default limits are:
- Per Deposit $30,000
- Daily Limit $50,000
- 30 Day Aggregate $75,000
Why am I unable to deposit my check?
There are a few common errors that may cause your check to be rejected:
- Folded or torn corners
- Front image is not legible
- Amounts not matching
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- No camera on the device
- Image is too dark
- Duplicate Item - Item has been previously deposited
Try using mobile deposit in a well lit area to prevent shadows and poor image quality. Keep you hands clear of the check while taking the picture.
How has THE CHECK been posted to my account?
After submitting images of the front and back of your check, you will receive onscreen confirmation that the deposit was sent to Presidio Bank. You also have the option to receive an email notification to any email address of your choice. At that time, your check will be processed by PRESIDIO BANK staff.
Please see Presidio Bank's Funds Availability Policy contained on page 26 of the Account Agreement and Disclosures for more information about deposits. Please do not dispose of your check or attempt to process at another institution or through another channel (ATM or in-branch). You should hold onto your check for a minimum of 31 days and then destroy or shred it.